Poisoning Our Children: The Parent’s Guide to the Myths of Safe Pesticides
Parenting was never easy. While loving, teaching and nourishing children, parents also seek to protect them from harm. The past few generations, however, have been silently attacked by thousands of manmade, poisonous chemicals carried into homes and children’s bodies in our food supply.
The chemical-based conventional agriculture industry claims that the synthesized concoctions they sell as pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides are safe when used as directed, but does the scientific evidence truly support their assertions? When pesticide residues are found in 77 percent of all foods in the United States, it’s important to know the truth. Organic agriculturist André Leu has weeded through a wealth of respected scientific journals to present peer-reviewed evidence proving that the claims of chemical companies and pesticide regulators are not all they seem.
Learn the truth behind:
– The Rigorously Tested Myth. Are pesticides tested for safety before going on the market?
– The Very Small Amount Myth. Can even a small amount o f chemical residue be harmful?
– The Breakdown Myth: Do pesticides rapidly biodegrade, and are the breakdown products truly harmless?
– The Reliable Regulatory Authority Myth. Do the regulatory authorities review unbiased evidence before declaring a product safe?
– The Pesticides Are Essential to Farming Myth. Are pesticides the only thing keeping our planet from starvation?
Sadly, parents must educate themselves on this serious danger to the health and development of our most vulnerable population, our children.