A Voice for Choice Advocacy's mission is to educate and advocate for informed choice and transparency of what goes into people’s body, including the composition, quality, and short- and long-term health effects of food and pharmaceutical products and their rights to be informed consumers to know what they put in their bodies.
ABOUT THE #GetToxinsOut DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITY
As a lead member of our grassroots advocacy team, reporting to our President, our #GetToxinsOut Director will play a key role in strengthening AVFCA’s local citizen participation. Grassroots efforts are vital in educating elected officials and local authorities to the concerns of the voting population in California. Our #GetToxinsOut Director will work closely with our President and No Medical Mandates Director to set up and run our #GetToxinsOut Program which primarily deals with removing toxins, such as glyphosate (http://glyphosatefreeschools.com/), quats and bleach and EMF, from schools.
This role is for an experienced advocate who is passionate about AVFCA’s mission and enjoys the challenge of organizing and working with people around the state.
- Start date: Immediate
- Work week: 30-40 hours a week
- Terms: Contracted role, with 60 day trial period.
- Level: Mid-senior
- Compensation: Competitive compensation. Due to contractual role, no insurance or PTO
- Location: Flexible within California, with the ability to travel to local grassroots events
- Apply: Our application process is open and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply below.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Launch and lead AVFCA’s #GetToxinsOut Program, including the Glyphosate Free Schools Program, the Quats and Bleach Free Schools Program and the Wifi Free Schools Program
- Create educational packages for local lobbying efforts for parents to use to advocate to their schools
- Assist in setting up and facilitating local meetings with public and private schools officials
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Ideal candidates will have some combination of the following:
- 3+ years advocacy experience, including lobbying local elected officials
- 3+ years serving on public or private school board
- 3+ years serving on Parent/Teacher board
- 3+ years grassroots community building experience
- 3+ years branding/marketing experience
- 3+ years program/project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in AVFCA mission-aligned work
- Demonstrated commitment to informed choice and transparency of health rights
- Strategic thinker, systems thinker
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator
- Highly adaptable, adjusting effectively to complexity and changing conditions
- High integrity
- AVFCA encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Additionally, research has shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
- AVFCA is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for AVFCA's #GetToxinsOut Director Position, please complete this form: